Tuesday, August 7, 2018

The Fashionistas

Screaming posters announce the arrival of the new collection, Of the oncoming spring, of the exaggerated exuberance and frivolity. Itchy fingers with packed wallets, dazzled eyes with greedy faces, Drop their tattered Cards at the counter. The season of being talk-of-the-town has arrived. Who else is ready for fawning attention and looks of envious admiration? Do you know that innocent lambs are slaughtered for the shawls and scarves? Do you think I care? I am busy with planning my calendar of cocktail parties for the spring season. Discounts and rebates are for the fringes of the society, for the untutored. The trends of Paris will storm the town and guess who will be toast of the Effiel? The collections are sublime, I hear. The cut and fit exquisite. The prices, well talk to my assistant about the bills. The World where Fantasy and Fashion are soul sisters. Is too much to expect a reality check here? Seasons come and Seasons go…Spring gives way to the Summer collection. By the way the Winter collection was a complete let down. But the cocktail parties and the shoot sessions among the snow was the highlight of the season. We believe in the form and not the content. The sizzle and not the steak. Wait for the opening night of the Spring season. I will sizzle in all my splendor and form.

No comments: