Thursday, March 22, 2018

Today The Snow by Alan Baker

Today the snow, and tonight it lies on my car, and on all the roads that she must go. To be in a warm hotel in midwinter, isn't that enough comfort? Today the snow, tomorrow I will save you from the rest of your life, or is it mine? I would like to help someone to live after my death - eyes, liver, kidneys, pancreas left on the fields of morning while I'm in a dreamless sleep. What could be more idyllic than an exhibitionof the latest luggage? Are your shoes clean, young man? One believes so. And who are we? To argue, that is. I earn a living, recount colourful episodes from my past, swell my feet on crystals of white. Isn't that enough? But no. 'Our researches must continue' and there are language courses yet to be complete. The latest adult films to be watched. Slide softly into the bed of white. Protect the night, snow, and don't allow yourself to be fooled.

No comments: