Monday, February 12, 2018

The Existential Battle

Part of me wants to listen to the cash-till ring. The sound signals, money that comes in and money that is given out. Cash-till sings its song quietly into the night. The sound is a symbol of a healthy commerce. The other part of me wants to shut out the sound. I want to drown out the sound of the coins tingling and rattling. I feel the need to go and sit by the fire. I want to feel the warmth of simple living and return to humaneness. I want to feel the compassion in the concrete jungle. The glow of pleassures of true living is brighter than the glow of gold. Another part of me is waiting for the next big chance. The next big chance when the cash-till will sing with a resounding sound. Louder than ever. Is there a moral battle going on inside me? The battle between Fortune and Fire? Between Lustre and Life? Wonder who will win? The answer wafted thru the breeze... "Whoever you want it to win"

No comments: