Thursday, February 15, 2018

Don't stop the Ride

I remember the mornings when it was bright and luminous. It was even better at night as the stars twinkled against an inky black sky,only for me. During those days i traveled in a chariot of gold. Drawn by six horses, whose skin was as white as freshly rained snow. The chariot rode regally on a gold paved road. The people, known and strangers,gazed at the chariot and the horses in wonder. They waved and shouted out my name, in joy and love trying to catch my eye. I was a superstar in the blockbuster of those journeys and of those intoxicating times. Days were long and summer nights never seemed to end. There was a fragrance of freshly crushed lillies and jasmines in the air. And music of thousand violins serenaded me, during the course of that journey. Do you get the bigger picture? I was in heaven!! Then i decided to stop the chariot and get down. Get down and go to the roadside tavern, to taste the local brew. I wanted to walk towards the forest of raucous laughter and rabid songs. When suddenly the sky turned grey and dark clouds murdered the blue sky. Rains poured down in lashing anger and washed away the gold from the road. Exposing the dark tar underneath. Horses, scared by the storm, galloped away with the chariots helplessly dragged behind like a rag doll. I was completely drenched in the rain. There was no sun in the sky, only dark brooding clouds. Then through the corner of my eye, i could see a break in the clouds and a silver streak of light trying to break through. Maybe at last the rains will stop? The storm will pass away? Will the clouds give away to smiling clouds again? Will the horses come back with the chariot again? I look up at the sky and squint at the emerging sun through the clouds. Hope is breaking through. I should have never got down from the chariot. Maybe i should have continued with my ride.

No comments: